Friday, June 13, 2008

Role-Reversal Rehearsal


If you’re addicted to those old movies on AMC and TCM, you know that Broadway shows always used to open “out of town,” in order to work out the kinks.

Well, FLR couples sometimes head out of town to work in the kinks. To try things, whether in private and public, that they might be afraid to try back home, where everybody knows them.

Except that, for FLR couples, “What happens in Vegas” doesn’t necessarily stay in Vegas. A certain provocative practice might prove so much fun that she and he decide to bring it back home and incorporate it into the daily domesticity.

I was reminded of this not long ago in reading through posts from the old "Venus On Top Yahoo Discussion Group" (which recently evolved into a full-fledged FLR discussion board, She Makes the Rules).
The first guy asks: “Does anyone know of a place that supports FLR where the husband is allowed to serve his Wife while in the complex? Like a hotel or vacation spot?”
The next guy answers: “These places are everywhere. In every city and vacation spot you can think of. When you arrive at your destination, rush to open her car door for her. From this point on, pretend that you have class and that you would like your wife to have an unforgettable vacation. When you are with her in a public place, act in a way that will make her proud to be with you. Offer to do the things that she wants to do while on vacation and don't whine about it. Open doors for her, pull out her chair at supper… My point is that if you desire to give your wife a beautiful relaxing vacation, book it and prepare to treat her nice.”
Then this followup comment: “When my wife and i go on trips we both check in and she will send me to get the bags and unpack while she checks out the hotel. When she gets back to the room everything is in place.”

Which reminded me of a likeminded post by Au876 from Lady Misato’s original Wife Worship board:
“We went to visit some of my wife's girlfriends at a lake cabin a couple of years ago. We had to take our own sheets and etc. One of the first things I did after getting the car unloaded was to make up our bed and put her clothes away. Later we were all sitting around talking. My wife asked me ‘Have you made up my bed yet?’ One of the ladies started to laugh like that was a stupid thing to expect of a man. But I quickly responded telling her yes and I had hung up all of clothes too…
“My wife was real proud of me. The lady that laughed made some sort of comment about what a good husband I was, and my wife responded saying something like, ‘He knows what is expected of him.’
“I was not embarrassed. I was proud of myself. I had done what I was supposed to do. The fact my wife asked me was a sure sign she did not intend to keep my status a secret from them. The fact I had already done it was a sure sign to her I was not ashamed of my status.”

Another member of Misato’s original husbands’ forum, who posted under the name of “Johann,” described an out-of-town tryout where his wife and he flirted with mild public humiliation:
“I kept silent and followed closely to her left rear. I stepped ahead to open doors. I never realized that waitresses tend to ignore other women. But I would not respond even by eye contact. My mentrice ordered everything and soon the waitresses got the drift. I think they'd seen it before. The waitress would ask: ‘Are you ready to order, sir.’ My wife would answer, 'Yes, he will have the Crab Louis and a glass of Pinot Grigio. Failing that, a dry Riesling, followed by coffee, after dinner.’ That was the general tone.
"It was good for me to enter the role publicly and privately. I spoke very few words all weekend, offered no suggestions and was treated like a pet and a servant. It was good for her and even more so for me. I recommend this. No, I do not think we imposed on anyone. Some people were disoriented when they spoke to me. I would look at my Lady and she would answer.”

"Female Led" is SOP, home and away, for fdhousehusband, who writes the much-visited blog, Her Househusband’s Life.

He regularly chronicles his daily life, including holidays and getaways, with replays of all his submissive routines. As he explained a couple years ago in a report on a family outing to Disney World: “Although i didn't have to do all the cooking, cleaning, and other housework like at home, i am still bound to follow Her Rules of Behaviour when we are on a trip.”

Fd (just like Au876), upon arrival at a hotel or resort, promptly unpacks for everyone, while his wife—and kids, if they’re along—head off for the pool, the lake, the seashore or perhaps the nearest mall.

Happy traveling!

No comments: